Wednesday, January 6, 2010

La Mar

This day is getting older,
in fading light its beautiful.
This wind is blowing colder,
and too soon I feel it's pull.

Still, I took all my chances,
Earned myself an even score.
Try to learn my lessons well.
And I don't have the answers,
for those questions anymore.
Only love can be both heaven and hell.

So sturdy up, sturdy up your heart,
for the road is long ahead.
I'll be with you even though we're apart,
but your road is yours to tread.
And so it goes, and so it goes,
and so it goes, slows your mind mind mind...

-The Beautiful Girls

3 comments:

  1. Hi hon

    Not even off the continent and already blogging! Have a safe trip and a wonderful adventure. Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, our favorite Aussie band. Nice. It was good to hear your voice from Van. Have a great visit with the family and a good travel day tomorrow sweetie. Love, momsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eva, terrific to read your blog. Mount Eden must have been wonderful. Liked your description of the silver fern. You will notice it a lot now as a famous symbol of New Zealand (as your maple leaf). Looking forward to more blog reports. Bruce and I got our back packs out the other day and are starting to think about packing for our Milford Track hike. Robyn

    ReplyDelete